Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm a Nerd with Conference Questions

This Friday and Saturday I get to attend the Dreamin' in Dallas conference. It's sponsored by the Dallas Area Romance Authors, and will be my first writing conference. I can't tell you how excited I am!

But maybe this will give you an idea: I just bought a MATCHING notebook and folder (and new pens, but they don't match). Yep, I'm a nerd. So if you're there and you see a giddy woman with matching office supplies be sure to come over and introduce yourself. Or not.

I'm also a little nervous about this weekend. What if I "fan girl" when I see Suzie Townsend? Or Richelle Mead? It could happen. I could end up a puddle in the floor. Okay, I'm not really worried about that (even though it IS a possibility). I want to be as prepared as possible. I've read that it's a good idea to have business cards to trade with other conference attendees. Having cards ready saves time digging in a purse for a pen and paper. I get that, but what do I need on it? Email address? Blog site? Catchy phrase? Picture? What???

Besides business cards and spiffy office supplies, what else do I need? I must be prepared!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of business cards too. It makes things so much easier. I'd go with something simple but cute. I hope you have fun.

    ReplyDelete