Thursday, February 11, 2010

Have you seen this?


 It did what it was supposed to do, at least for me. I really want to read this book, even more now that I've seen the cover. It seems like the mockingjay is breaking free and flying away. I certainly hope she does! Come on, August!

Another item in the "Have you seen this?" file for today: A 15 year old girl in Japan wrote a novel on her cell phone. With her thumbs. Her thumbs, people!! Apparently, cell phone novels are somewhat popular. I had never heard of this before. Have you? This girl has sold over 100,000 copies and has made over $600,000. Hmm. I wonder if my thumbs are up to it... 

And one more for the file: This morning I saw a commercial for "I Can Be" Barbie playsets. One of the playsets is a "potty training Kelly" set. I caught a glimpse of the toilet. It "flushes" and, well, let's just say your child doesn't have to use her imagination. Eew.

What will they think of next?

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!!! I'm soooooooo ready to read that book! I am a HUGE fan of the series, so I'll be picking it up on the day it's released!

    $600,000? Um, let me get my thumbs warmed up:)

    ReplyDelete