Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Little Industry Support

I called my friend Delinda yesterday, and in our conversation I mentioned that I had just dropped over one hundred dollars in the bookstore over the weekend. (While I'm all for supporting the publishing industry - after all, I am hoping to join it someday - I felt a little guilty spending that much at one time, most of it for myself.)

Her reply? "I got you beat. I spent a hundred fifty."

Merry Christmas, Publishing!!



On a side note, I've been procrastinating about doing a NaNo post. (I know everyone is just DYING to read about that one!) But I did learn a couple of things. Maybe later. I need to procastinate some more. It seems to be what I do best.

8 comments:

  1. I have this problem every time I go in a bookstore. I would buy the whole store if I could and turn it into my home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! I went in a bookstore last weekend with the intention to buy ONE book, but I came out with about fifty bucks worth:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to bring home every book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to know that the bookstores aren't going to be going out of business soon. I think entertainment does better than most industries in times of recession because people need an escape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent that much last week at the book store too so don't feel bad. I don't collect much, but I certainly collect books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be nice to have a healthy monthly budget just for books, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have a healthy monthly budget for books! I may have to take another look at the family budget. (You know, cut back on groceries or something. Just kidding!) This time I was purchasing gifts, but also had been given a little Christmas money early to use for myself. And I'm very happy with my purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! I spent $60 and ordered two books. Can't seem to help it!

    ReplyDelete