Thursday, November 5, 2009

My NaNo Update

Okay, so we're on Day 5 of NaNo, and I'm 6,000 words in. And I hate my story.

Hate it.

But you know what? I'm not quitting, at least not yet. This is only my second attempt at novel writing. I still haven't finished the first draft of my first attempt (but I'm close), but I shelved it to try NaNo.

I've read on other blogs (by both published and unpublished writers, by the way) that writing is hard work. A lot of times these guys didn't want to finish, but persevered. I've read how these writers got tired of their stories, too, but kept on trucking. And so many times, they were pleasantly surprised by what they ended up with.

I'm going to keep going, because I am hoping to be surprised, too.

And even if I still hate it when I'm finished, at least I will have proven to myself that I can do this, even if it is HARD.

Good luck to all NaNoWriMos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment