Thursday, October 29, 2009

Where Have All the Ideas Gone?

Before I began my blog I had several ideas for posts. Nothing major, or even that interesting, but I still had ideas. But now there's this pressure. I have started a blog and now I must feed it. And it all has to be clever, witty, informative, and so on. Right?

Bah!

I think I've done this to my other writing as well. As soon as I decide I need to start on a new idea, none of them seem good enough. I have signed up for NaNo (which starts in less than THREE DAYS) and I still don't have an idea I'm happy with. Earlier I played with the idea of NaNoing without an outline and just seeing what happens. I'm curious to see what comes of winging it for a full 30 days. But in reality, I'm the type of person that likes to plan. Now, I'm not one of those people that has to have my day planned by the hour, but in my writing I like to know where I'm going so I don't feel like I'm wasting my time rambling.

It looks like I'll be doing a lot of rambling next month. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ramble away! It's all I do. We'll be here to decipher the underlying messages and encourage you along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice, I've just met you but I love you already. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    I totally understand trying to come up with interesting blog posts. I'm still working on my first draft, so I don't feel qualified to give out a lot of advice right now. So far I sit down and the ideas come to me just as I pull up the "new post" page, or I get ideas from reading other blogs.

    ReplyDelete